Peacock Medicare Limited
We have several safety measures in place to ensure that the wellbeing of our residents, staff and visitors is of paramount importance during the global outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Since the start of the pandemic, we have monitored and followed advice issued by the NHS, Scottish Government and Health Protection Scotland. We ensure that all our staff are fully trained in the most recent guidelines and are constantly updated on the ongoing situation.
- Hand Hygiene – hand sanitising points have been installed at the entrance to all our homes.
- Staff testing – staff are tested for Covid-10 following the current government guidelines using a lateral flow device and PCR testing. Any staff member who shows positive is sent home immediately and must isolate following the guidance.
- Vaccination – we encourage all staff and residents to be vaccinated against Covid -19 and this has been widely accepted.
- Visiting – Guidance is issued by Health Protection Scotland on an individual care home basis regarding any restrictions on visiting. We recognise how important visits are however we are committed to keeping all parties safe therefore we may limit the number of visitors allowed into the home at any one time. Visits currently take place either in our garden or the resident’s bedroom. It may be necessary, on the advice of HPS, to temporarily suspend all but essential visits. Please be assured visiting will be reinstated as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.
- Each home has a visiting protocol and risk assessment to support safe visiting
- Visitor testing – All visitors to the homes are asked either to test themselves with a lateral flow device test either immediately prior to their visit or staff can assist on their arrival. Anyone with a positive result will asked to return home.
- PPE – Throughout the pandemic we have always had a good supply of PPE, staff are trained in its use this training is regularly updated.
- Cleaning – In addition to an enhanced cleaning schedule, all contact points (e.g., door handles, light switches, handrails etc) are sanitised regularly with products effective against Coronavirus.
- Admissions – All new residents are tested for Covid-19 prior to moving into our homes and are currently care for in their own bedrooms for the first two weeks of admission. During this time staff give support to ensure they do not feel isolated.
- Covid-19 Outbreak – Each home has a plan should there be a suspected case of Covid-19 to limit the risk of infection spreading within the home or to the community.
Despite the challenges raised by the pandemic we endeavour to support our residents’ preferred lifestyles as normal. Activities continue with adjustments to ensure safety for all. Communicating with relatives has been enhanced by the provision of iPads to enable staff to assist residents making video calls.
If you have any concerns or queries at all, please do not hesitate to contact the Home directly and our team will be able to advise you based on current regulations issued by Health Protection Scotland. We thank you for your understanding and working with us to keep our residents and staff as safe and well as possible.